GSNZ Photo Competition 2022
National tour or event
Showcase your photographic creativity and passion for geoscience by entering the Geoscience Society of New Zealand (GSNZ) annual photography competition. Enter a photo into one (or all!) of this year's categories and be in to win some cool prizes, as well as bragging rights!
How to enter:
Simply email your photo, along with the following details to email@example.com:
Your full name (and age if entering the School Students section)
1. Category you are entering the photo into
2. Photo details:
i. title of the photo
ii. date the photo was taken
iii. location the photo was taken
iv. photo caption (maximum 50 words)
Entries are limited to one photo per person per applicable category (i.e. maximum 3 entries per person). See below for full terms and conditions.
Entries close July 31st
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
1. Submissions for the competition will be open from 12:00 am June 28th – 11:59 pm July 31st. No late submissions will be accepted.
a. By submitting photograph(s), each entrant warrants that the photo(s):
i. are original, unpublished work;
ii. do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and
iii. do not otherwise breach any applicable law.
2. Entries are limited to one photo per person per applicable category (i.e. maximum 3 entries per person).
a. Each photograph must be the property of and have been taken by the person entering it in the competition.
b. If people are present in your photograph(s), you must ensure that each person pictured has provided written consent for you to enter the photograph in the competition. For subjects under 18 years of age, you must have permission from their parent or guardian.
c. To be considered for the cover of the GSNZ newsletter, entries must meet the following specifications: for A5 front cover (portrait suits best but landscape can be accommodated) photos must be a minimum of 2551 x 1819 px. For A4 (full cover landscape wraparound) photos must be a minimum of 3579 x 2551 px. The editor will reserve judgement on whether an image is suitable for A4 wraparound.
d. While the GSNZ is committed to including source credit for images it uses, subject to the terms and conditions and the rights of the Geoscience Society of New Zealand (GSNZ), when you submit any photograph for this competition, you license and grant GSNZ the right to use the image for the purposes of promoting the Society in any media without further compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are yours to assert.
3. Shortlisting will be conducted using anonymised photographs submitted to our judging panel and shortlisted photos will be posted on GSNZ social media.
4. Voting will take place via an email poll to the GSNZ membership. Only GSNZ members are eligible to vote.
5. Winners will be announced on September 1st, 2022, and winners notified via email. GSNZ’s decision on choosing the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will void an entry.